Hetzel Union Building
The full name for this facility is the Hetzel Union Building/Paul Robeson Cultural Center. But HUB is an apt description, because it is THE hub for student activities on campus. The HUB was opened in 1955, and replaced space in Old Main as a student union. Student contributions helped to finance construction of the building, which has had several additions. Today, the HUB features eateries, study areas, art galleries, offices for student organizations, and space for multi-cultural activities. Weekends feature alcohol-free activities. Inside, on the first floor, be sure to see the skeleton of Old Coaly, the mule who helped in the construction of the first Old Main building more than 150 years ago.