Pattee and Paterno Labraries
Pattee Library, opened in 1940, and Paterno Library, dedicated in 2000, are a combined complex and the largest facility of the University Libraries. Pattee and Paterno contain eight subject libraries and numerous areas of interest to visitors, including a Leisure Reading Collection, exhibits, MacKinnon’s Cafe, and a display of what is often called the original Nittany Lion. Self-guided tours are encouraged. Be sure to pick up a brochure at any of the welcome desks. Penn State’s Libraries, with 24 campus locations across the commonwealth, rank among North America’s top ten university research libraries, offering more than 7 million volumes, hundreds of online databases, and 386,000 e-books.